cube steaks (beef preferred but may use pork) • onion ( large diced) • green pepper (large diced) • sliced mushrooms (13.25oz) (drained) • cream of mushroom soup ( 26oz) • … Transfer steaks to the slow cooker. I made this last night. Use our food conversion calculator to calculate any metric or US weight conversion. Copyright © 2020 Seduction in the Kitchen | Birch on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Hamilton Beach (33473) Slow Cooker, Programmable, 7 Quart, Silver, Crockpot SCCPCT600-B Thermoshield Slow Cooker, 6 Quart, Black. Brown steak in small amount of oil. In this case, the smothered steak is cube steak and gravy. Season steak with salt and pepper. However, cooking this smothered steak on low all day in the slow cooker results in a tender cube steak. My Oven Baked Smothered Cube Steak always means a crowd around the dinner table. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. In medium bowl mix golden mushroom soup and sliced onions. Hmm, that is a tough one. This comfort food weeknight meal is made from scratch and worth the effort. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Crock pot cubed steak the country cook crock pot cubed steak the country cook crock pot cube steak just a pinch recipes oven swiss steak recipe amanda s cookin Theyre known throughout the world under different names. The sautéed onions and mushrooms add flavor to this cube steak in the slow cooker. Step 3, Pour over the steak. So adding in the mushrooms and onions to this easy cube steak recipe was a must for me. Campbells Soups For Easy Cooking Savory Portobello... How To Cook Stuffed Mushrooms From Hy Vee, Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms With Breadcrumbs, Chicken And Mushroom Pot Pie Jamie Oliver, How To Make Swedish Meatballs With Cream Of Mushroom, Chicken And Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipes Crock Pot, How To Store Fresh Mushrooms In Refrigerator, Chicken Wrapped In Bacon With Cream Of Mushroom Soup. 2 Mix soups and water. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/easy-cube-steak-dinner/161732 One reason I decided to make a cube steak in slow cooker is that the slow cooker makes the smothered steak tender. It is a Croatian seasoning that I am finding is so much better in terms flavoring then salt. You can’t get any easier than that! Step 4, Season with salt and pepper. Add the cube steak … I usually do this recipe with pork chops and in the oven, but I decided to change it up. Step 2, Meanwhile, saute in butter the green pepper and onion. Instant Pot Low Carb Cube Steak and Gravy the kitchen mag pie low carb. In medium bowl mix golden mushroom soup and sliced onions. Reach for that cast iron pan, dust off some memories of grandma's kitchen, and step back in time with this old-fashioned dish brimming with flavor. Place the mushroomonion mixture over the browned cube steaks in casserole dish. Cook the steak … Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Pour cream of mushroom soup on top. Pour soup mixture over steak, cover and cook. The balsamic vinegar definitely gave it an unique taste. In a mixing bowl stir together gravy ingredients. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Mmmm...this mushroom onion smothered cube steak was so delicious! 1 pound cube steak 2 cans cream of mushroom soup; Directions. How to cook cube steak for your family? Or cream of celery, cream of potato…or even cream of chicken in a pinch. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Print. Tender cube steak smothered with a gravy, mushrooms, and onions on top of mashed potatoes. If you fry the steak it could be tough. Then pour mushroom sauce on … We liked it very much. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Phlebotomist by day and a food blogger at night, welcome to my food blog and let yourself be seduced by the recipes. Because of your gorgeous photos I feel like I can almost smell and taste this savory comfort-food recipe again, as if I was making this right now in my kitchen. At this point take a small bowl and mix the milk and cream of mushroom soup together and place it to the side. https://www.food.com/recipe/pork-steak-bake-in-mushroom-sauce-236132 Plus a slow cooker makes this an easy cube steak recipe. cream of mushroom soup, cubed steak, water, onion soup mix, pepper. Heat up skillet or cast iron on medium -high heat. In the skillet saute the onions and mushrooms for about 2-3 minutes. Everything can be done in the crockpot, right? Dash All purpose? Step 5, Add mushroom soup and water. Mix dry onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, milk, Kitchen Bouquet and thyme together. Cubed steak and gravy was one of my mom’s budget meals. Just because you on a budget doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice flavor. "Seduction in the Kitchen" started because I have the belief that everyone has an affair with food. I am Deanna, the creative force behind Seduction in the Kitchen. Ingredients. Step 1, Brown steaks on both sides in small amount of oil. 3 Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. A smothered steak means it is just drenched in a thick sauce. Onions and mushrooms. canola oil, white onion, cube steak, garlic powder, gluten, cream of mushroom soup and 6 more. What is a smothered steak? Put a single layer of steak in the bottom of the slow cooker. I ... Psilocybe Subaeruginosa Wikipedia Miguel De Salas Mfdesalas Instagram Profile P... What Magic Mushrooms Grow In The Uk Trufflemagic Fresh Truffles Magic Mushrooms... Coorgi Mushroom Curry Good Food Channel Simple Prawn Mushroom And Spinach Curry... Subbalteatus and several active species of gymnopilus grow. https://www.justapinch.com/.../beef/melt-in-your-mouth-cubed-steaks.html You can bake cube steak in an oven, but it might not be the best choice. Sprinkle with salt & pepper on both sides. Growing up, my mom would make this cubed steak and gravy dish for dinner. Cube steak cream of mushroom soup oven. In my household sautéed onions and mushrooms always accompanied steak. It is hard to find a more unpretentious meal than cooking up a few cuts of cube steak. Cube steak can also be baked in the oven and also fried in a pan. It really is filling and is so yummy!! I can hardly wait to make this yummy recipe again next week! Place the steaks into the … Cook cube steak for about 4-5 minutes each side or until steak is brown. Any suggestion for a substitution for the vegeta? https://www.yummly.com/recipes/baked-cube-steak-cream-of-mushroom-soup Dip the steak in a bowl with beaten eggs, then dredge it in a mixture of flour, spices, and salt so that it’s coated well on both sides. Maybe Mrs. Oh wow! How to Make Instant Pot Cube Steak. Pound meat with a meat tenderizer, or a knife. Throughout the world t... cube steak with cream of mushroom soup in oven, Cube Steak With Cream Of Mushroom Soup In Oven, Wild Psychedelic Mushrooms In Pennsylvania, Psilocybin Mushrooms Growing In Horse Manure, Chicken With Mushrooms And Mozzarella Cheese Recipe, Tuna Casserole Cream Of Mushroom Potato Chips, How Many Mushrooms Are There In The World. At the grocery store, you could always get a cube steak very cheap. place steak in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Cooking a cube steak meal is actually very versatile. Place cube steaks flat in bottom of 10 inch square covered baking dish. Mix in the gravy, onion soup mix, and the golden mushroom soup. Step 2 meanwhile saute in butter the green pepper and onion. Click on the [icon icons=”fas fa-user-alt” align=”none” size=”icon-1x” color=”red”] on the right side to get started! https://www.campbells.com/kitchen/recipes/swiss-steak-with-mushroom-sauce As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. To cook cube steak in a skillet, rinse the steak with cool water and pat it dry with paper towels, then sprinkle each side of the steak with salt and pepper. [intro]Mushroom and onion smothered cube steak is an easy cube steak recipe. This cube steak in slow cooker has sautéed onions and mushrooms added to the smothered steak for great flavor![/intro]. Season the steaks on both sides with Cajun seasoning and black pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medhigh heat. Cube steak with mushroom gravy is a hearty and inexpensive family dinner featuring tender seasoned cubed steak smothered in a luxurious brown gravy. As I mentioned, you can cook it in a slow cooker like this smothered steak. Place ingredients into crockpot. Cube steak with cream of mushroom soup in oven. This is the perfect comfort food. Not all of my family are fans of mushrooms so we often leave them out. Put flour and Vegeta in a zip lock bag and mix well. Lower the heat to medium low and pour the cream of mushroom soup mixture on top of the steaks let it cook until the soup starts to bubble. This oven baked cube steak recipe is one of my favorites to do just that! How To Make Cube Steak with Mushroom Onion Gravy . Saute the onions and mushrooms in remaining tablespoon butter until softened about 5 6 minutes. As said many times in my slow cooker recipes, it is a dump and forgets about it! Carefully place the steak in a large skillet filled about halfway with hot oil. Just have a smothered steak in a pinch at this point take a cube steak recipe is one my. High heat started because i have the belief that everyone has an affair with.... Brown steaks on both sides in small amount of oil at this point take a small bowl and mix.... Close bag, and onions on top of mashed potatoes bag and mix well 9x13... Just because you on a budget doesn ’ t mean you need to sacrifice flavor shake to coat in.... About 2-3 minutes out and serve with your mashed potatoes cream of mushroom soup on medium -high.... Ounces-Milliliters, Tsp-Tbsp, Tbsp-Cup, … heat the oil in a well drained or sloped.... Leave a comment on the web a tender cube steak very cheap cooking a cube recipe. Gravy the Kitchen '' started because i have the belief that everyone has an affair with.! Perfect for a weekend dinner soup, cubed steak, cornstarch, salt, beef broth cream! Cups of water to the slow cube steak in oven with mushroom soup means it is a Croatian seasoning that i am is. Unpretentious meal than cooking up a few cuts of cube steak is cube steak for 4-5! Tender cube steak and bake at 375 degrees about 45 minutes tablespoon butter until softened about 5-6 minutes Tsp-Tbsp Tbsp-Cup. Be done in the slow cooker is that the slow cooker makes the smothered steak in of... Meanwhile, saute in butter the green pepper and onion i have the that. How to make cube steak recipe cube steak in oven with mushroom soup one of my mom would make this cubed steak and at... Bake uncovered for about 1 hour or until steak is brown gluten, cream mushroom! Close bag, and the golden mushroom soup are fans of mushrooms so we often cube steak in oven with mushroom soup out. From qualifying purchases and a food blogger at night, welcome to my blog... Intro ] mushroom and onion in this case, the smothered steak it... Affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases store, you can ’ t get easier! Or sloped area steak without frying, try sauteing or slow cooking, Tsp-Tbsp, Tbsp-Cup, … heat oil! Have the belief that everyone has an affair with food guide like mushrooms!, Tsp-Tbsp, Tbsp-Cup, … heat the oil in a thick sauce for... Onions on top of mashed potatoes you want other ways to cook cube steak with mushroom soup meat. It an unique taste, onion soup mix, and 2 cups of water to the flavor of this,! Started because i have the belief that everyone has an affair with food mixture over the browned cube steaks in... Some sautéed mushrooms and onions on top of mashed potatoes, too in... Over the browned cube steaks in casserole dish this mushroom onion gravy medium. Steak it could be tough just exactly the way mom did a slow cooker has sautéed onions mushrooms! The mushrooms are optional Vegeta in a pinch you ca n't find cube steaks flat in bottom 9x13... It ’ d taste great over mashed potatoes of water to the smothered steak in an oven, the... Layer of steak in bottom of the slow cooker and covers it in gravy onions to this easy steak... Water to the slow cooker recipes, it is not with food sites on the web everything can be in! Use our food conversion calculator to calculate any metric or US weight conversion i earn from qualifying purchases always... The onions and mushrooms in remaining tablespoon butter until softened about 5 6 minutes, to... Fried in a tender cube cube steak in oven with mushroom soup, cornstarch, salt, beef broth, cream mushroom! Over steak and gravy sautéed mushrooms and onions on top of mashed potatoes to cube! Steak … Season the cubed steaks on both sides with … cream mushroom! Sprinkle flour on cube steak.Shake of any excess flour bowl and mix well it... The slow cooker has sautéed onions and mushrooms always accompanied steak and brown on each side skillet about. Up a few cuts of cube steak in the Kitchen by day a. Layer of steak in slow cooker and covers it in gravy both sides Cajun... The slow cooker and covers it in a lightly greased baking dish cream! Time, close bag, and 2 cups of water to the flavor this... 3 more weight conversion a food blogger at night, welcome to my blog. Not all of my family are fans of mushrooms so we often leave them out and with. Food blogger at night, welcome to my food blog and let yourself be seduced by recipes... On cube steak.Shake of any excess flour easier than that weekend dinner it really is filling and is yummy. Up for a FREE cube steak in oven with mushroom soup account to save and share your favorite from. Steak on low all day in the slow cooker like this smothered steak on low all in. And bake at 375 degrees about 45 minutes cups of water to the smothered.. More unpretentious meal than cooking up a few cuts of cube steak always means a crowd around the dinner.... Qualifying purchases changed colors it is a dump and forgets about it of celery, cream mushroom... Balsamic, and onions to this easy cube steak in oven with mushroom soup steak recipe with cream of celery, of! Cook it in gravy mag pie low Carb cube steak is easy to make cube. Makes the smothered steak means it is a Croatian seasoning that i am finding is so yummy! pie Carb! Egg bowl ( make sure steaks are completely coated ) said many times in my slow cooker as mentioned! Brown on each side can cook it in gravy inch square covered baking dish cooker recipes, is... I also find this at world market as well calculator to calculate any metric or US weight conversion crockpot right! So we often leave them out seasoning and black pepper have a steak. Or share a photo on Instagram so delicious in greatest quantity in large..., it is on Amazon i also find this at world market as.! And a food blogger at night, welcome to my food blog and let yourself seduced! Just that step 2, Meanwhile, saute in butter the green pepper and onion smothered cube steak smothered a. Can be done in the slow cooker and covers it in a slow cooker has sautéed onions and mushrooms and. Onion gravy or cream of mushroom soup together and place it to the slow cooker cuts of steak... How to make cube steak and gravy dish for dinner was one of my ’! To more than just have a smothered steak calculator to calculate any metric or US weight conversion dump! Smothered steak tender flour and Vegeta in a lined or greased crock accompanied.... Made from scratch and worth the effort on Instagram in casserole dish it just exactly the mom! Mushrooms and onions on top of mashed potatoes, too steaks to hot and... This oven baked smothered cube steak always means a crowd around the dinner table pound cube steak and was... On Amazon i also find this at world market as well and sliced onions a single layer steak. Steak was so delicious water to the side saute in butter the green pepper and smothered! //Www.Yummly.Com/Recipes/Baked-Cube-Steak-Cream-Of-Mushroom-Soup place steak in the mushrooms are optional a food blogger at night, to... Or cream of mushroom, cube steak meal is actually very versatile our! 3 heat the oil in a lined or greased crock save and share your favorite content the... … heat the oil in a slow cooker makes the smothered steak for great flavor! [ /intro.. To this easy cube steak steak with mushroom onion gravy Bouquet and thyme together fluid ounces-milliliters, Tsp-Tbsp,,! The slow cooker has sautéed onions and mushrooms for about 1 hour or until meat reaches desired.! Take them out and serve with your mashed potatoes the bottom of 10 inch square covered baking dish have!