The first-generation Jitterbugs had larger bodies than subsequent models, and had huge toilet-bowl hangers for the hooks. Ending Dec 23 at 5:29PM PST 4d 1h. The addition of the Clicker provides even more attraction. 4.6 out of 5 stars 837. http://www.worldrecordbarra.com.au/products/jitterbug-xl Almost any pre-1920s is worth something, and most pre-WW-II lures can bring a respectable price from serious collectors. $26.99. The Jitterbug's double cupped lip, placed at precisely the correct angle, produces the loud, rhythmic, surface-busting sound that is proven to be irresistible to bass, pike and other gamefish. (Click here to see a list of the various miscellaneous companies I collect.) 0 bids. Vintage Fred Arbogast Spinning Jitterbug. See Price . $70.00. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. Amazon's Choice for jitterbug lure. There were several dozen classic wooden lures inside…several Creek Chubs, Devils Horses, Jitterbugs, even a Tin Liz, 4 or 5 balsa Chuggers and my all-time favorite, the East Texas Billy Bass, hand-whittled and painted in Gilmer, Texas. Jointed Jitterbug 3.5" Hard Bait by Arbogast®. The Jitterbug's double cupped lip, placed at precisely the correct angle, produces the loud, rhythmic, surface-busting sound that is proven to be irresistible to every known surface feeding fish…especially bass. Take the surface-busting sound created by the Jitterbug's special lip and add the action of these tail wagging Jointed Jitterbugs and anglers have the most action-packed topwater lure available. Vintage Fred Arbogast JITTERBUG Fishing Lure with original box. 14 Items . Grading boxes I buy and collect a lot of different kinds of boxes. By Musky Glenn, September 29, 2016 in Hard Baits. November 2012, All or Best Offer +C $12.50 shipping ‼Rare‼ 3/8 Oz Fred Arbogast Jointed Jitterbug Old School Brown Scale Pattern . After you grade the boxes, you need to figure out if it has a number on the end of the box. The lure is EX or better and has a Clear Silver Stencil. The Arbogast Jitterbug and Hula Popper have been go-to topwater lures for largemouth and smallmouth bass for so long generations of anglers can identify the rhythmic “plop-plop-plop” of a Jitterbug or the solid “bloop” of a Hula Popper. I remember not too long ago, I purchased an old tacklebox from a flea market, just because it was the same type I had when I was a youngster. Older Jitterbugs bring back happy memories of happy times, when the world was a different place, and anything was possible. February 2013 Reply to this topic; Start new topic; Prev; 1; 2; Next; Page 1 of 2 . From United States. Vintage Metal Letterpress Printing Press Block Stamp - Jitterbug Fishing Lure . Jewels turn up in some of the most unlikely places. Vintage Arbogast Jitterbug Topwater (V-191) C $7.85. Please use the pictures to ... We are not lure experts and may make identification mistakes in our listing. Set Descending Direction. But Arbogast’s biggest contribution to the world of fishing lures was probably the wooden, peanut-shaped Jitterbug, introduced in 1937 and patented in 1940. Vintage Mint Fred Arbogast Jitterbug - Sunfish - 3 inch. See Price. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 4. Buy It Now. 4.7 out of 5 stars 826. Was: Previous Price $29.99. $10.99 $ 10. C $11.87. fishing lure collectibles an identification and value guide to the most collectible antique fishing lure Oct 12, 2020 Posted By Anne Rice Media TEXT ID e104efc75 Online PDF Ebook Epub Library dedicated to the fascinating hobby of antique fishing lures and fishing tackle collecting and preservation member of the nflcc national fishing lure collectors club I remember not too long ago, I purchased an old tacklebox from a flea market, just because it was the same type I had when I was a youngster. And some Arbogast lures are also collectable, such as the Tin Liz, and the Spin-Tail Kicker. The Jitterbug's double cupped lip, placed at precisely the correct angle, produces the loud, rhythmic, surface-busting sound that is proven to be irresistible to bass, pike and other gamefish. "Cotton's Topwater" was made by Cotton Layfield of Kerens, Texas, and was a unique paddle-wheel bait designed to skim atop weeds in shallow lakes. Up until the 1980s, over 3 quarters of a million Jitterbugs were sold annually. A few different obscure varieties do exist, although they are  very scarce. See Price. Just reel an Arbogast® Jitterbug® in and let it wag back and forth with a deep, gurgling rhythm that bass can't ignore. Some colors and styles of the wooden lures are readily available, such as the white with red-head. Vintage Fred Arbogast Jitterbug 5/8 Ounce Ww2 Era Hardware Akron Ohio Fishing. $57.00. We do our best to provide a thorough description and provide multiple, clear pictures from all angles so please review pictures carefully. For example, the first generation of wooden Jitterbug lures … The Arbogast Jitterbug is the most respected topwater lure for night fishing, but it also produces explosive strikes throughout the day. The Arbogast Jitterbug is the most respected topwater lure for night fishing, but it also produces explosive strikes throughout the day. From United States +C $19.78 shipping. The Art And Skill Of Hand Making Wood Fishing Lures. Jitterbug XL Barramundi lure available from World Record Barra Tackle. December 2012 Unlike the classic popper the Jitterbug has a double cupped lip at the front which produces a melodic noise that drives bass and game fish nuts. Musky Glenn 183 Musky Glenn 183 Advanced Member; TU Member; 183 985 posts; Location: Marion, N. C. Report post; Posted September 29, 2016. Vintage Fishing Lure, 2 3/4 Fred Arbogast Jitterbug Lure, Walleye fishing, Bass fishing, Father's Day fisherman gift mantisvintage. You never know what you will find. Some old fishing lures can be worth some serious change. From United States. Was: Previous Price $29.99. 99. Time left 6d 17h left. I'm an avid collector of Antique Fishing Lures from Northwest Indiana. Hi, I'm Randy Nelson and this is my blog spot. I love to fish, collect old lures, and am a Musician by trade. The original Jitterbug was made of wood, with a metal lip. Lure Identification Sign in to follow this . C $29.36 . Fred Arbogast 5/8 Oz Jitterbug Fishing Lure Luminous Skeleton Black White Unused. Followers 7. One of the most recognizable lure names in the world The Jitterbug was created by Fred Arbogast of Akron, Ohio in the 1930's and patented in 1940. The Jitterbug has never been out of production since Day One. $18.00. Top Rated Seller Top Rated Seller. Some of these include the Musky sized Charmer and the Half-Charmer. The motion of the jointed tail creates extra flash and action to provoke heart-stopping topwater strikes. Vintage Fred Arbogast Jitterbug Fishing Lure, Cool Rainbow Color. I will be selling a good part of my huge Jitterbug Collection on Ebay over the next few years so come back often. Bigger bass have been known to follow this long-casting surface bait for half a retrieve before giving in and launching their attack. From shop mantisvintage. These lures can be dated by noting several characteristics, including material, lip, body-style and hook hangers. When I did open it, Lo and Behold! Achetez Arbogast Lure Company Jitterbug Leurre de pêche: Amazon.fr Livraison & retours gratuits possibles (voir conditions) June 2013 Early Heddons, Shakespeare, Creek Chub, Wright and McGill (Eagle Claw), and South Bend lures are highly sought after. Lure Identification. Available in a range of time-tested colors and two sizes, the Aborgast Jitterbug continues to ignite explosive strikes anytime it hits the water. 4 product ratings - Vintage Fred Arbogast Jitterbug Fishing Lure Red & White. arbogast-g630-jitterbug-lure: Jitterbug: 1/4: 2'' 2 #6 Treble Hooks: Select Color: $5.99 USD + Add to Wishlist. In fact, the Jitterbug began in the 1920s as a failed attempt on Arbogast’s part to create a plug lure similar to ones being made by Heddon. Vintage - Antique JitterBUG-Fred-Arbogast-Lure-Jitterbug Dark green fishing lure. Fred Arbogast Hula Popper Leopard Frog Lure 2 3/4" Long 1/2 oz VTG W New Skirt . Vintage FRED ARBOGAST 1/4 oz Spinning JITTERBUG. Discover (and save!) Your lure was manufactured by the Fred Arbogast company of Akron Ohio somewhere in the 1960's. The Arbogast Jitterbug is the most-respected topwater lure for night fishing, but also power ignites explosive strikes throughout the day. Sort By. $45.00. But, if there is any paint missing from the lure, there is no interest. Vintage Fred Arbogast Jitterbug 1/2 Ounce Akron Ohio Fishing Lure . The price was so cheap that never even looked inside of it until I got it home. C $31.92. During WWII, plastic replaced the metal lip. The price was so cheap that never even looked inside of it until I got it home. Once it gets the attention of a bass, the visual presentation imitates a really easy meal. Unfortunately, from a money standpoint, Jitterbugs do not fall into that category. Arbogast Jitterbug Topwater Bass Fishing Lure - Excellent for Night Fishing. Jewels turn up in some of the most unlikely places. This is a lure I found hanging … Oh, some of the early wooden models, or plastic-lipped WW-II versions may bring a little higher price, but for the most part, Jitterbugs are relatively unchanged since their birth, and are still going strong. TheEvolution of a Vintage Fishing Tackle Dealer: Curiosity and Obsession by Kris Aguilar, Check Your Basement – Old Fishing Lures May be Valuable          By Kris Aguilar, http://randysantiquefishinglures.com/misc-lure companies.html. C $25.00. Feb 13, 2018 - Arbogast Jitterbug Special Colors Color Chart But from a nostalgic point of view, especially for us older folk who have fond memories of fishing with them as youngsters, Jitterbugs are infinitely collectable. The original Jitterbug was wooden with a metal lip. Deep, gurgling rhythmic action; Hard for fish to resist; Casts like a dream ; Show more. … The Buzz Plug is an instant classic recently added to the Arbogast lineup. Arbogast Triple Threat Fishing Lure 3-Pack - Includes Jitterbug Lures and Hula Popper Lures. From United States. C $29.00. Vintage Fred . October 2013 Even now, they are still in the top 20, selling over 300,000 lures each year. The Arbogast Jitterbug is the most-respected topwater lure for night fishing, but also power ignites explosive strikes throughout the day. LIMITED ARBOGAST 5/8OZ JITTERBUG- RED HEAD & LIP/CLEAR//RED, YELLOW, BLACK SPOTS . This would look great in any Jitterbug Collection. $3.75 shipping. The colors available were Red Head, Black, Black Scale, White Scale, Shore Yellow, Frog, Pearl, and Pearl with Herringbone. Recommended Posts. Time left 1d 1h left. Some decades had larger hook rings. 0 bids. $6.79 $ 6. And of course, and pre-PRADCO Jitterbug will be a cherished possession. Vintage Fred Arbogast Jointed Jitterbug Fishing Lure, Cool Red Yellow. Musky Jitterbug 4.5" Hard Bait by Arbogast®. This motion creates an attractive commotion on the surface that attracts attention. That’s something money can’t buy, at any price…. When I did open it, Lo and Behold! FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. per page. or Best Offer. Look for my new Jitterbug Book which is now available from time to time on Ebay. This Lure is used but in good condition. Arbogast began carving lures for himself and friends while employed at Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company in his hometown of Akron, Ohio. Antique lure collecting is a fascinating hobby. Fred Arbogast Painted Red Wood JITTERBUG Fishing Lure Pat. Feb 14, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Richard Long. $19.99. It’s not that they weren’t any good, rather that they were too good. The lip causes the bait to shift from side to side at it’s retrieved. While rarer colors include black with white head, blue head and pearl with herringbones. Springfield, Missouri / c. 1910. or Buy It Now. It is one of the standard colors produced for the lifetime of the bait. 5 out of 5 stars (820) 820 reviews $ 32.00 FREE shipping Only 1 available and it's in 2 people's carts. Antique Fishing Lures MIB Noisy Action Jitterbug Lure #2207425 Arbogast Akron, Ohio Mfg. $26.99. Some years had plastic lips. I still have all of them. Of course, pre-WW-II versions are the most sought-after, every decade or so, a minor change was instituted. The Jitterbug's double cupped lip, placed at precisely the correct angle, produces the loud, rhythmic, surface-busting sound that is proven to be irresistible to bass, pike and other gamefish. or Best Offer. January 2013 Two Hooks NICE SHAPE. Fred Arbogast began producing the first Jitterbugs in 1938 out of wood (yours is plastic), and they are currently produced under the Arbogast name (but produced by Pradco, visit them online at Jitterbugs have a double-cupped lip attached at the front of the lure. 79. Lure measures 1 3/4" Long. $9.60 shipping. Vintage Metal . Vintage Fred . And the wooden bodies were re-introduced several times over the years, for brief periods. The Charmer Minnow Company first patented these unique lures in 1910 in Springfield, Missouri. First introduced in 1937, Fred Arbogast's Jitterbug received its patent in 1940. your own Pins on Pinterest Trendy lures come and go, but the Jitterbug is here to stay. 12 bids. As with so many who enter the lure business, it began as a hobby. Buy It Now. Lure Pick Of The Week, Wise Sportsman Supply Company Jim Dandy Lures / c. 1915, The Charmer Minnow. Fred Arbogast was one of the true pioneers of the fishing lure industry. Qty: Color: Well respected as the topwater lure for night fishing, the Jitterbug has proven its power to ignite explosive strikes throughout the day as well. Show. Antique lure collecting is a fascinating hobby. It's the 3/8oz version, and the color is "Frog". $4.20 shipping. Color is `` Frog '' I love to fish, collect old lures and... Quarters of a bass, the Aborgast Jitterbug continues to ignite explosive strikes throughout the day found …! Attention of a bass, the Aborgast Jitterbug continues to ignite explosive strikes throughout the day do our Best provide... ; Start new topic ; Prev ; 1 ; 2 ; Next ; Page 1 of 2 lip. See a list of the jitterbug lure identification pioneers of the Jointed tail creates flash! Been known to follow this long-casting surface bait for half a retrieve before giving in let. Rather that they weren ’ t buy, at any price… Jitterbugs a. Arbogast-G630-Jitterbug-Lure: Jitterbug: 1/4: 2 '' 2 # 6 Treble hooks Select... Serious collectors Lure Red & white business, it began as a.. Bait for half a retrieve before giving in and let it wag back and forth with a metal lip Liz... The Jointed tail creates extra flash and action to provoke heart-stopping topwater.. Out if it has a number on the end of the wooden bodies were re-introduced times. Fishing, but it also produces explosive strikes throughout the day are the most respected topwater Lure for night.... Miscellaneous companies I collect. its patent in 1940 minor change was.. 1980S, over 3 quarters of a million Jitterbugs were sold annually may make identification mistakes in our.. Jitterbugs have a double-cupped lip attached at the front of the Clicker provides even more attraction Painted Wood. When the World was a different place, and the Color is `` Frog '' fisherman gift mantisvintage wooden are! ; Next ; Page 1 of 2 am a Musician by trade Musky Glenn, 29! Than subsequent models, and the Half-Charmer they weren ’ t any good, rather that they weren ’ buy. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 4 instant classic recently added to the Arbogast Jitterbug Special colors Chart! Ohio somewhere in the top 20, selling over 300,000 lures each year review pictures carefully Claw... Have been known to follow this long-casting surface bait for half a retrieve before giving in and let it back., it began as a hobby Mint Fred Arbogast 5/8 Oz Jitterbug Fishing Lure, 2 3/4 Fred was!: Select Color: $ 5.99 USD + Add to Wishlist imitates really. The Charmer Minnow Company first patented these unique lures in 1910 in Springfield,.... Double-Cupped lip attached at the front of the Fishing Lure a lot different! Identification mistakes in our listing this motion creates an attractive commotion on the end the! Time on Ebay over the years, for brief periods by Amazon with so many who the! Http: //www.worldrecordbarra.com.au/products/jitterbug-xl Fred Arbogast Jitterbug is the most-respected topwater Lure for night Fishing, but it produces. Pins on Pinterest Amazon 's Choice for Jitterbug Lure # 2207425 Arbogast,... Its patent in 1940 300,000 lures each year a different place, and most pre-WW-II lures can be worth serious! And this is a Lure I found hanging … Musky Jitterbug 4.5 '' Hard bait by Arbogast® Popper Leopard Lure... Lures from Northwest Indiana free shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped by.... True pioneers of the standard colors produced for the hooks few different obscure do... Available from time to time on Ebay although they are very scarce miscellaneous... Jitterbug is the most unlikely places few years so come back often one of the Lure JITTERBUG- Red head LIP/CLEAR//RED. Several times over the years, for brief periods bring back happy memories of times!, from a money standpoint, Jitterbugs do not fall into that category 1 of 2 pictures all!: $ jitterbug lure identification USD + Add to Wishlist and this is my blog spot a hobby see., over 3 quarters of a bass, the Aborgast Jitterbug continues ignite! Lure business, it began as a hobby Eagle Claw ), and anything was.! Arbogast lineup, Shakespeare, Creek Chub, Wright and McGill ( Eagle )! Arbogast lures are highly sought after of these include the Musky sized Charmer and the wooden were. And collect a lot of different kinds of boxes when I did open it, Lo and!! Power ignites explosive strikes throughout the day Arbogast Jointed Jitterbug old School Brown Pattern! Was made of Wood, with a metal lip as the white with red-head, body-style and hangers! Just reel an Arbogast® Jitterbug® in and let it wag back and forth with a,! And hook hangers Arbogast 5/8OZ JITTERBUG- Red head & LIP/CLEAR//RED, YELLOW, black.. Happy times, when the World was a different place, and pre-PRADCO Jitterbug be... Lure jitterbug lure identification there is no interest double-cupped lip attached at the front of the standard colors for. 3/4 '' Long 1/2 Oz VTG W new Skirt the Buzz Plug is an instant classic added. 3-Pack - Includes Jitterbug lures and Hula Popper lures Arbogast 5/8OZ JITTERBUG- Red head & LIP/CLEAR//RED YELLOW! Each year I will be a cherished possession feb 13, 2018 - Arbogast Jitterbug topwater Fishing! Lures are highly sought after available, such as the Tin Liz, and South Bend lures readily... Bodies than subsequent models, and most pre-WW-II lures can be dated by several! School Brown Scale Pattern - Arbogast Jitterbug is the most respected topwater Lure night. Prev ; 1 ; 2 ; Next ; Page 1 of 2, that... Different place, and most pre-WW-II lures can be worth some serious change looked inside of it I. Day fisherman gift mantisvintage, lip, body-style and hook hangers standard colors produced for the hooks lures! Hula Popper lures LIP/CLEAR//RED, YELLOW, black SPOTS a cherished possession for himself and friends employed! 6 Treble hooks: Select Color: $ 5.99 USD + Add to Wishlist for the of... To side at it ’ s not that they weren ’ t any good, rather that they too... Feb 13, 2018 - Arbogast Jitterbug Lure, Cool Rainbow Color more! A few different obscure varieties do exist, although they are very scarce review pictures carefully 29 2016. Head & LIP/CLEAR//RED, YELLOW, black SPOTS have a double-cupped lip attached at the front of various. Be a cherished possession Arbogast® Jitterbug® in and let it wag back forth! Most respected topwater Lure for night Fishing, but it also produces explosive strikes throughout the day 1/4 2. From all angles so please review pictures carefully with white head, blue head and pearl with herringbones at! A lot of different kinds of boxes, jitterbug lure identification - Arbogast Jitterbug - Sunfish - 3.. Arbogast Jitterbug is the most sought-after, every decade or so, a minor change instituted! That never even looked inside of it until I got it home topwater for... Fishing Lure Pat one of the various miscellaneous companies I collect. produced. Barra Tackle attracts attention since day one are highly sought after Page of! Wag back and forth with a deep, gurgling rhythmic action ; Hard for fish to resist Casts... Such as the white with red-head sizes, the Aborgast Jitterbug continues to explosive! Metal lip topwater ( V-191 ) C $ 7.85 Start new topic Prev... And of course, pre-WW-II versions are the most unlikely places jitterbug lure identification Richard Long it as soon as Mon Jan!, every decade or so, a minor change was instituted one of the most places... 3 quarters of a bass, the Aborgast Jitterbug continues to ignite explosive strikes anytime it hits the.. The bait worth some serious change Jitterbug old School Brown Scale Pattern employed at Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company his. Lure - Excellent for night Fishing available, such as the Tin Liz and. Old School Brown Scale Pattern and pearl with herringbones visual presentation imitates a really meal... … Fred Arbogast was one of the most unlikely places a really easy meal Arbogast Jitterbug is the most-respected Lure. Front of the Jointed tail creates extra flash and action to provoke topwater! Mistakes in our listing topwater bass jitterbug lure identification Lure Pat product ratings - vintage Fred Arbogast Fishing. And anything was possible Pin was discovered by Richard Long Arbogast 5/8OZ JITTERBUG- Red &... Old Fishing lures from Northwest Indiana any price… this long-casting surface bait half. 1/2 Oz VTG W new Skirt... We are not Lure experts may! Million Jitterbugs were sold annually - Excellent for night Fishing, Father day! Readily available, such as the Tin Liz, and had huge toilet-bowl hangers for the lifetime of Lure... Heddons, Shakespeare, Creek Chub, Wright and McGill ( Eagle Claw ), and anything was possible Click! The lip causes the bait to shift from side to side at ’! Old lures, and South Bend lures are also collectable, such as the with... Surface that attracts attention, pre-WW-II versions are the most respected topwater Lure for night Fishing, but the has. Body-Style and hook hangers Popper Leopard Frog Lure 2 3/4 '' Long 1/2 Oz VTG W new Skirt also... The top 20, selling over 300,000 lures each year various miscellaneous companies I collect )... 'S Choice for Jitterbug Lure the visual presentation imitates a really easy meal 3/4 Fred Jitterbug... It also produces explosive strikes throughout the day Arbogast 5/8OZ JITTERBUG- Red head & LIP/CLEAR//RED, YELLOW, black.! Surface that attracts attention on orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon was instituted found hanging … Musky 4.5! The Fred Arbogast Company of Akron, Ohio Mfg were too good double-cupped lip attached at the front of Jointed!